Charity Baptist Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus’ command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values. Please feel free to contact us if you need prayer or have questions.
Charity Baptist Church Staff
Mission & Vision
- Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, Luke 19:10)
- Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matt. 22:37-40)
- Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
What is Most Important to Us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God’s work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How We Do Ministry
- Loving Relationships: Compassionate, caring for others, forgiving
- Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children’s, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
- We believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the eternal Word, the one and only Savior.
- Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, both fully human and fully divine; Who lived a sinless life; Who suffered and was crucified as an atonement for sin; Who rose again bodily from the dead on the third day; Who ascended into Heaven; and Who will return in victory to rule forever.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit.
- Who convicts of sin; Who indwells every Christian; Who helps us in our weakness and intercedes for us in prayer; and Who empowers us to a fruitful Christian life.
- We believe God inspired the original writings of the Scripture and those original writings were consequently without error.
- We believe that the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith, truth, morality, and Christian living.
- We believe the Bible teaches that God is the Creator and Sustainer of human life; that God creates each person in His image; and that life is therefore sacred, from conception to natural death. We believe that God creates each person as male or female; that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the “image of God” in humankind; and that each person’s biological gender is an intrinsic, immutable aspect of his or her nature and identity.
- We believe the Bible teaches that God established marriage in the beginning as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman; that He has reserved sexual intimacy as an expression of love and commitment between married couples; and that any intimate expression of sexuality outside of Biblical marriage is sin.
- That man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- That salvation—the forgiveness of sins—is only by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- That one receives salvation by putting faith in Christ, repenting of sin, and confessing Christ, and that the Bible commands every believer in Christ to be baptized by immersion.
- That those who have received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ are sent into the world to proclaim the Gospel and to love and serve the world just as Jesus Himself did.
We believe in the Church of Jesus Christ, founded on the Day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere, and organized into local assemblies, called churches.
- We believe the Bible teaches that every Christian should be an active member of a local church.
- We believe that the Bible instructs church members to:
- Meet together regularly for fellowship, worship, teaching, and the Lord’s Supper.
- Use our natural abilities and spiritual gifts to serve one another.
- Love one another, bear with one another, accept one another, and forgive one another.
- Seek unity, agreement, and peace with one another.
- Encourage and build up one another.
- Bear one another’s burdens and pray for one another.
- Spur one another to love and good deeds.
- Submit to the authority of the leadership of the church.
- Support the church financially.
- Pursue personal holiness and obedience to God’s Word.
- Strive together to fulfill the Great Commission.